Installing Cannon Network ScanGear for scanning from the Photocopier
- The copier is configured to pull it's IP address etc. from the Institute's DHCP server.
As of 7th November 2005, the copier is statically allocated the IP address 188.8.131.52 using the MAC address 00:00:85:0a:58:b4.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The TWAIN driver will not work if the client is on a different subnet than that of the copier. e.g. A machine on the 184.108.40.206/23 network with a asymmetric route to an RFC1918 network, although able to ping the copier, the drivers will fall over. Ensure they are both on the 220.127.116.11/23 network.
- Install the software from either CD or download the self extracting zip file. The TWAIN drivers will be installed along with the ScanGear tool for selecting which copier to use.
- Ensure the photocopier is in network scan mode and it's network plugged in.
- Fire up the Network ScanGear tool and "Discover" the copier. Select the copier from the list and click Exit.
- You should now be ready to start up your favourite software and use the TWAIN interface to scan documents in using the copier.
- Save scanned UCAS forms to \\admindb0\socrates