Mini-projects run from April - September
- Each student will complete two 10-week mini-projects at the end of the first year.
- Each project will be supervised by an Oxford academic and a company researcher.
- At least one mini-project will be undertaken as an internship in a company.
- Mini-project topics will be presented during February and students will be collectively involved in the assignment of projects.
- All research projects (see below) will have an associated mini-project, enabling students to try out areas of research before they commit themselves to a research project.
- We aim to have more mini-projects than required, in order to ensure students have choice.
Research projects run from October of year two and students work on them for three years
- All InFoMM research projects involve working on an industrially focused challenge.
- Research projects span the expertise of our faculty.
- Students choose their research project by the start of August of their first year (see mini-projects above).
- Students are be expected to spend some time each year (about one month) at the premises of their partner company.
- We aim to have more research projects than required, in order to ensure students have choice.