Further reading about Calabi-Yau manifolds (from popular science to research monograph):
- The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
- The Shape of Inner Space by Shing-Tung Yau and Steve Nadis
- The scholarpedia article on Calabi-Yau manifolds (written by Shing-Tung Yau)
- Mirror Symmetry by Hori et al.
- Mirror Symmetry and Algebraic Geometry by Cox and Katz
- Calabi-Yau Manifolds and Related Geometries by Gross, Huybrechts and Joyce
Hidden Dimensions explains more about the intertwining of physics and geometry.
String Theory, Duality and Art: how the Higgs boson and Turner Prize collide investigates the connection between physics, art, and mathematics.