Current Women Mathematicians at Oxford
- Dr Ruth Baker Research interests: Developing and using mathematical and computational techniques for the study of biological systems. In particular, applications to developmental biology, cell migration, domain growth and pattern formation.
- Professor Helen Byrne Research interests: The development and analysis of mathematical models of biomedical systems, with particular emphasis on solid tumour growth, regenerative medicine and stem cell biology.
- Dr Coralia Cartis Research interests: Algorithm design, analysis and implementation for linear and nonlinear optimization, convex and nonconvex problems, large-scale.
- Professor Cornelia Drutu Research interests: Group theory, ergodic theory, applications to number theory.
- Dr Janet Dyson Research interests: Analysis and differential equations, including cell population problems, cell adhesion, tumour invasion, non-linear evolution operators and functional differential equations.
- Dr Karin Erdmann Research interests: Representation theory, homological algebra: Hochschild cohomology, support varieties and rank varieties for self-injective algebras, Auslander-Reiten theory and modular Lie powers.
- Professor Alison Etheridge Research interests: Probability and its interface with analysis, including infinite dimensional stochastic processes and their applications, and mathematical problems arising in population genetics and ecology.
- Dr Kathryn Gillow Research interests: Numerical methods for problems arising in biology and electrochemistry, in particular adaptive finite element methods, high order methods and methods for inverse problems.
- Professor Anne Henke Research interests: Representation theory.
- Professor Frances Kirwan Research interests: Algebraic and symplectic geometry, in particular geometric invariant theory and the study of moduli spaces.
- Dr Irene Moroz Research interests: Wavelets, voice morphing in music, marine plankton ecologies, dynamical systems and bifurcation theory, numerical weather prediction and climate modelling, baroclinic flows and modelling of planetary atmospheres and dynamo theory.
- Dr Jackie Stedall Research interests: English mathematics of the 16th to 18th centuries and development of algebra.
- Professor Ulrike Tillmann Research interests: Algebraic topology and its applications: moduli spaces of manifolds; mapping class groups; cohomology of groups; topological field theories; and operads.
- Dr Qian Wang Research interests: Partial differential equations and harmonicanalysis with a focus on the study of nonlinear hyperbolic equations.
- Dr Sarah Waters Research interests: Physiological fluid mechanics, tissue engineering, biomechanics and mathematical modelling in medicine and biology.
- Dr Xenia de la Ossa Research interests: Mathematical physics, geometry and theoretical physics, specifically in the mathematical structures arising in string theory.
- Dr Jennifer Balakrishnan Research interests: Number theory, arithmetic geometry, and computation.
- Dr Laura Caravenna Research interests: Mathematical analysis.
- Dr Montserrat Casals-Ruiz Research interests: Combinatorial and geometric group theory and its interplay with model theory.
- Dr Heather Harrington Research interests: Applied mathematics, computational and systems biology, inverse
problems, computational/numerical algebraic geometry and algebraic
statistics applied to dynamical systems, information processing in
- Dr Lotte Hollands Research interests: String theory and
- Dr Aditi Kar Research interests: Geometric group theory, high-dimensional topology and combinatorial group theory.
- Dr Hyejin Youn Research interests: Complex networks, statistical physics.
Postdoctoral Research Assistants
- Dr Susama Agarwala Research interests: Mathematical Physics.
- Dr Virginia Agostiniani Research interests: Mathematics of solid and liquid crystals.
- Dr Agnese Bissi Research interests: Mathematical Physics.
- Dr Almut Eisentraeger Research interests: Numerical methods for the analysis of biomedical and engineering problems.
- Dr Laura Kimpton Research interests: Modelling cell motility.
- Dr Magdalena Larfors Research interests: Mathematical and phenomenological aspects of string compactifications.
- Dr Joana Oliveira dos Santos Research interests: Symplectic geometry, Aubry-Mather theory and weak KAM theory.
- Dr Jennifer Pestana Research interests: Numerical linear algebra, in particular, preconditioners and iterative methods for linear systems with saddle point or nonsymmetric coefficient matrices.
- Dr Maria Bruna Research interests: Stochastic modelling of interacting particle systems.
- Dr Vicky Henderson Research interests: optimal stopping and optimal control problems, with applications to real options, executive stock options, and recently, behavioural finance.