+44 1865 615166
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Google Scholar Profile
I am broadly interested in nonlinear dynamical systems, with applications to mathematical biology and other areas. I am particularly interested in the limits of current methodologies to capture spatial and temporal complexity in situations of scientific interest. I am currently working as a postdoctoral research assistant looking at the role of heterogeneity in Turing patterning mechanisms to explain the formation of whisker placodes in mice during embryonic development (as well as theoretical aspects of heterogeneous Turing mechanisms). I have recently supervised projects involving spatial population dynamics, control of stochastic epidemics on networks, several projects involving Turing instabilities, as well as interacting e-Puck robots. A summary of some work from 2017 can be found here.
TA: MT 2014-C5.7 Topics in Fluid Mechanics, HT 2015-MMSC B5.2 Applied Partial Differential Equations, MT 2015-MMSC Supplementary Applied Mathematics, HT 2016-MMSC Further Mathematical Methods
Departmental Tutor: MT 2016-C5.12 Mathematical Physiology
Pembroke Stipendiary Lectureship: MT 2017-Prelims Introductory Calculus, Part A Differential Equations I, HT 2018-Prelims Dynamics, Part A Differential Equations II, Waves and Fluids, Statistics, TT Part A Mathematical Biology
St. Anne's Stipendiary Lectureship: MT 2015-Prelims Introductory Calculus, Geometry, HT 2016-Part A Differential Equations 2, Integral Transforms
Major / Recent Publications:
- A. L. Krause, V. Klika, T. E. Woolley, and E. A. Gaffney. Heterogeneity induces spatiotemporal oscillations in reaction-diffusion systems. Physical Review E, 97:052206, 2018.
- A. L. Krause, L. Kurowski, K. Yawar, and R. A. Van Gorder. Stochastic Epidemic Metapopulation Models on Networks: SIS Dynamics and Control Strategies. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 449:35–52, 2018.
- A. L. Krause, A. M. Burton, N. T. Fadai, and R. A. Van Gorder. Emergent structures in reaction-advection-diffusion systems on a sphere. Physical Review E, 97:042215, 2018.
- R. M. Eide, A. L. Krause, N. T. Fadai, and R. A. Van Gorder. Predator-prey-subsidy population dynamics on stepping-stone domains with dispersal delays. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2018. In Press.
- J. A. Kwiecinski, A. Kovacs, A. L. Krause, F. Brosa Planella, and R. A. Van Gorder. Chaotic Dynamics in the Planar Gravitational Many-Body Problem with Rigid Body Rotations. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 2018. In Press.
- J. A. Kwiecinski, A. L. Krause, and R. A. Van Gorder. Effects of tidal torques on 1i/2017 U1 (‘Oumuamua). Icarus, 311:170 – 174, 2018.
- L. Kurowski, A. L. Krause, H. Mizuguchi, P. Grindrod, and R. A. Van Gorder, 2017. Two-Species Migration and Clustering in Two-Dimensional Domains. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 79(10), pp.2302-2333.
A. Bassett, A. L. Krause, and R. A. Van Gorder, 2017. Continuous dispersal in a model of predator–prey-subsidy population dynamics. Ecological Modelling, 354, pp.115-122.
A. Krause and B. Wang, 2014. Pullback attractors of non-autonomous stochastic degenerate parabolic equations on unbounded domains. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 417(2), pp.1018-1038.
- A. Krause, M. Lewis and B. Wang, 2014. Dynamics of the non-autonomous stochastic p-Laplace equation driven by multiplicative noise. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 246, pp.365-376.