+44 1865 615290
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Extremal Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Set Systems, Probabilistic Methods in Combinatorics, High Dimensional Phenomena, Discrete Geometry.
University of Oxford:
Tutoring courses in
- Linear Algebra
Queen Mary, University of London:
- Lectured course in Extremal Combinatorics
University of Cambridge:
Courses supervised from the Cambridge Tripos:
- Analysis II
- Complex Analysis
- Graph Theory
- Math IA revision supervisions
- Metric and Topological Spaces
- Probability IA
- Probability and Measure
Prizes, Awards, and Scholarships:
Smith-Knight Prize - Group 2 (2010): University of Cambridge
Benefactor's Scholarship (2008): St. John's College, Cambridge.
Gates Scholarship (2006): University of Cambridge.
Hamilton Prize (2005): Royal Irish Academy.
Foundation Scholarship and Toronto Prize (2004): Trinity College Dublin.
Major / Recent Publications:
- Counting Hamilton decompositions of oriented graphs, A. Ferber, E. Long, B. Sudakov, Submitted.
- On a Ramsey-type problem of Erdős and Pach, R.J. Kang, E. Long, V. Patel, G. Regts, Submitted.
- Packing and counting arbitrary Hamilton cycles in random digraphs, A. Ferber, E. Long, Submitted.
- Set families with a forbidden pattern, I. Karpas, E. Long, Submitted.
- Packing, counting and covering Hamilton cycles in random directed graphs, A. Ferber, G. Kronenberg, E. Long, Israel Journal of Mathematics, to appear.
- Frankl-Rödl type theorems for codes and permutations, P. Keevash, E. Long, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, to appear.
- Large unavoidable subtournaments, E. Long. Combinatorics, Probability and Computing, to appear.
- On the normalized Shannon capacity of a union, P. Keevash, E. Long. Combinatorics, Probability and Computing, 25 (2016), 766-767.
- Forbidding intersection patterns between layers of the cube, E. Long. Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A, 134 (2015), 103–120.
- Long geodesics in subgraphs of the cube, I. Leader, E. Long. Discrete Mathematics, 326 (2014), 29-33.
- Forbidding a set difference of size 1, I. Leader, E. Long. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 169 (2014), 219-224.
- Tilted Sperner families, I. Leader, E. Long. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 163 (2014), 194-198.
- Long paths and cycles in subgraphs of the cube, E. Long. Combinatorica, 33 (2013), 395-428.
- Random walks on quasirandom graphs, B. Barber, E. Long. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 20 (2013) P25.