+44 1865 615157
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
My research interests are in:
- Heat Transfer and Phase Change
- Fluid Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- Dynamical Systems
- Partial Differential Equations
My research project is on mathematical modelling in solidification of silicon and it is in collaboration with Elkem.
- MSc MMSC Applied PDEs (MT 2016)
- M4 Dynamics in Mansfield College (HT 2017)
Graduate Teaching Assistant for:
- M4 Geometry in Balliol College (MT 2017)
- M4 Dynamics in Balliol College (HT 2018)
- M5 Fourier Series and Partial Differential Equations in Balliol College (HT 2018)
- M4 Constructive Maths (TT 2018)
Teaching Assistant for:
- C5.2 Elasticity & Plasticity (HT 2015)
- B5.2 Applied Partial Differential Equations (MT 2015)
- MSc MMSC Nonlinear Systems (HT 2016)
Major / Recent Publications:
FBP, C.P. Please, and R.A Van Gorder. Extended Stefan problem for solidification of binary alloys in a finite planar domain. Submitted.
R.A. Van Gorder, A.L. Krause, FBP, and A.M. Burton. Dynamics from a coupled complex Ginzburg-Landau system with saturable nonlinearity. Submitted (arXiv preprint arXiv:1710.07968).
J.A. Kwiecinski, A. Kovacs, A.L. Krause, FBP, and R.A. Van Gorder. Chaotic dynamics in the planar gravitational many-body problem with rigid body rotations. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 2018. Accepted (arXiv preprint arXiv:1801.02458).
FBP, C.P. Please, and R.A. Van Gorder. Instability in the self-similar motion of a planar solidification front. IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, 83(1):106-130, 2018.