+44 1865 615144
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Cell-element simulations to optimize the performance of osmotic processes in porous membranes
Computers and Mathematics with Applications issue 2 volume 76 page 361-376 (15 July 2018)
3D morphology design for forward osmosis
Journal of Membrane Science volume 516 page 172-184 (15 October 2016)
Water flow prediction for membranes using 3D simulations with detailed morphology
JOURNAL OF MEMBRANE SCIENCE volume 487 page 19-31 (1 August 2015) Full text available
Pore-scale modeling and simulation of flow, transport, and adsorptive or osmotic effects in membranes: the influence of membrane microstructure
International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics issue 1-2 volume 7 page 2-13 (17 June 2015)
On a multiscale approach for filter efficiency simulations
COMPUTERS & MATHEMATICS WITH APPLICATIONS issue 12 volume 67 page 2171-2184 (July 2014) Full text available
MPFA Algorithm for Solving Stokes-Brinkman Equations on Quadrilateral Grids
FINITE VOLUMES FOR COMPLEX APPLICATIONS VII - ELLIPTIC, PARABOLIC AND HYPERBOLIC PROBLEMS, FVCA 7 volume 78 page 647-654 (2014) Full text available
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- Numerical methods for partial differential equations (PDEs): finite volume and finite difference methods, Cartesian and non-Cartesian grids.
- Porous media modelling: single and mutliphase flows, mass transfer, reactive flows, dynamic capillary effects, osmosis.
- Modelling and simulation of multiscale and multiphysics processes: effective properties of composite materials, coupling micro- and macroscale filtration simulations using homogenization techniques.
- Mathematical modelling of different industrial applications: the pressing section of a paper machine, air and water filtration, membrane technology for forward osmosis, functionalized membranes, gas turbine performance.
- Development of academic software and modules for commercial software.
- Non-linear deterministic and stochastic (Bayesian) optimization.
Major / Recent Publications:
Iliev, O., Printsypar, G., Rief, S.: A two-dimensional model of the pressing section of a paper machine including dynamic capillary effects. J. Eng. Math. 80(1) DOI 10.1007/s10665-012-9619-0 (2013).
Iliev, O., Lakadawala, Z., Printsypar, G.: On a multiscale approach for filter efficiency simulations. J. Comput. Math. Appl. 67: 2171 – 2184 (2014).
Iliev, O., Kirsch, R., Lakdawala, Z., Printsypar, G.: MPFA algorithm for solving Stokes-Brinkman equations on quadrilateral grids. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics, Finite Volumes for Complex Applications VII, FVCA7, Berlin, Germany, (2014).
Shi, M., Printsypar, G., Duong, P.H.H., Calo, V.M., Iliev, O., Nunes, S.P.: 3D Morphology Design for Forward Osmosis. J. Membr. Sci. 516: 172-184, doi:10.1016/j.memsci.2016.05.061, (2016).
Calo, V.M., Iliev, O., Nunes, S.P., Printsypar, G., Shi, M.: Cell-element simulations to optimize the performance of osmotic processes in porous membranes. Comput. Math. Appl.
76(2): 361-376 doi:10.1016/j.camwa.2018.04.023 (2018).