+44 1865 615219
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Asymptotic decay and non-rupture of viscous sheets
Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik volume 69 (28 May 2018)
Thermal rupture of a free liquid sheet
Journal of Fluid Mechanics volume 840 page 555-578 (14 April 2018)
A Compactness and Structure Result for a Discrete Multi-well Problem with SO(n) Symmetry in Arbitrary Dimension
Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis (1 January 2018)
Surface energies emerging in a microscopic, two-dimensional two-well problem
PROCEEDINGS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY OF EDINBURGH SECTION A-MATHEMATICS issue 5 volume 147 page 1041-1089 (October 2017) Full text available
Liquid crystal defects in the Landau–de Gennes theory in two dimensions — Beyond the one-constant approximation
Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences issue 14 volume 26 page 2769-2808 (30 December 2016)
- Nonlinear PDEs and variational problems arising in fluid dynamics
- Dynamical systems, coarsening and metastable patterns
- Variational analysis of nematic liquid crystals
- Multiscale methods in elasticity and phase transitions
- Numerical methods for nonlinear PDEs and nonconvex variational problems
HT18: Case Studies in Mathematical Modelling (course conductor and project adviser), classes in B5.6 Nonlinear Systems and C5.6 Applied Complex Variables.
TT18: Revision classes in B5.6 Nonlinear Systems and C5.6 Applied Complex Variables.
MT18: Classes in C5.7 Topics in Fluid Mechanics.
Major / recent publications:
- G. Kitavtsev and R. M. Taranets. Long-time behaviour of solutions to a singular heat equation with an application to hydrodynamics, arXiv preprint 2018.
- G. Kitavtsev, A. Muench, and B. Wagner. Thin film models for active gels, arXiv preprint 2017.
- G. Kitavtsev, G. Lauteri, S. Luckhaus, and A. Rüland. A compactness and structure result for a discrete multi-well problem with $SO(n)$ symmetry in arbitrary dimension, accepted to Arch. Rational Mech. Analysis, arXiv preprint 2017.
- M. Fontelos, G. Kitavtsev, and R. Taranets. Asymptotic decay and non-rupture of viscous sheets, Z. Angew. Math. Phys., 69:79, 2018.
- G. Kitavtsev, M. Fontelos, and J. Eggers. Thermal rupture of a free liquid sheet, J. Fluid Mech. 840: 555-578, 2018.
- G. Kitavtsev, S. Luckhaus, and A. Rüland. Surface energies emerging in a microscopic, two-dimensional two-well problem, Proc. Edinburgh Math. Soc. 147(5):1041-1089, 2017 .
- G. Kitavtsev, J. M. Robbins, V. Slastikov and A. Zarnescu. Liquid crystal defects in the Landau-de Gennes theory in 2D-beyond the one-constant approximation, Math. Mod. Meth. Appl. Sci. 26(14):2769-2808, 2016.