+44 1865 615105
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Line Defects in the Small Elastic Constant Limit of a Three-Dimensional Landau-de Gennes Model
Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis page 1-86 (6 September 2016)
Radial symmetry on three-dimensional shells in the Landau-de Gennes theory
Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena volume 314 page 18-34 (1 January 2016)
Biaxiality in the asymptotic analysis of a 2D Landau−de Gennes model for liquid crystals
ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations issue 1 volume 21 page 101-137 (3 January 2015)
Morse's index formula in VMO for compact manifolds with boundary
Journal of Functional Analysis issue 10 volume 269 page 3043-3082 (1 January 2015)
Order Reconstruction for Nematics on Squares and Regular Polygons: A
Landau-de Gennes Study
SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics Full text available
My research interests lie in Partial Differential Equations and Calculus of Variations.
- Variational models for liquid crystals, with a focus on the Landau-de Gennes model: qualitative behaviour of minimizers, topological singularities.
- Phase field models for phase-transition phenomena: well-posedness, asymptotic analysis.
- CDT PDE Course in Analysis of PDE - Part I. MT, Thursdays weeks 3, 5 and 7, 9-11 am, C5; Friday week 9, 2-4 pm, C5.
Major / Recent Publications:
- G. Canevari, A. Majumdar and A. Spicer, Order Reconstruction for Nematics on Squares and Regular Polygons: A Landau-de Gennes Study, preprint ArXiv 1606.06575 (2016).
- G. Canevari, Line defects in the small elastic constant limit of a three-dimensional Landau-de Gennes model, preprint ArXiv 1501.05236 (2015).
- G. Canevari, M. Ramaswamy and A. Majumdar, Radial symmetry on three-dimensional shells in the Landau-de Gennes theory, Phys. D 314 (2016), 18-34. Preprint ArXiv 1409.0143.
- G. Canevari, A. Segatti and M. Veneroni, Morse's index formula in VMO for compact manifolds with boundary, J. Funct. Anal. 269, 10 (2015), 3043-3082. Preprint ArXiv 1407.1707.
- G. Canevari, Biaxiality in the asymptotic analysis of a 2D Landau-de Gennes model for liquid crystals, ESAIM: COCV 21 (2015), 101-137. Preprint ArXiv 1307.8065.
- G. Canevari and P. Colli, Convergence properties for a generalization of the Caginalp phase field system, Asymptotic Analysis 82 (2013), 139-162. Preprint ArXiv 1205.6093.
- G. Canevari and P. Colli, Solvability and asymptotic analisys of a generalization of the Caginalp phase field system, Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 11 (2012), 1959-198. Preprint ArXiv 1107.3950.