Post doctoral research assistant
+44 1865 615137
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
1. Fluid flow through different domains of porous mediums.
2. Interfacial separation techniques involving single or multiple physical phenomena.
3. Membrane based filtration processes.
1. Masters’ level course on “Novel Separation process”, for two autumn semesters.
2. Masters’ level course on “Advance mathematical techniques for Chemical Engineers”, for two autumn semesters.
Major / Recent Publications:
1. Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Preparation of polysulfone titanium di oxide mixed matrix hollow fiber membrane and elimination of long term fouling by in situ photoexcitation during filtration of phenolic compounds,Chemical Engineering Journal, 302 (2016) 773-785.
2. Raka Mukherjee, Prasenjit Bhunia, Sirshendu De, Impact of graphene oxide on removal of heavy metals using mixed matrix membrane, Chemical Engineering Journal, 292 (2016) 284-297.
3. Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Novel carbon-nanoparticle polysulfone hollow fiber mixed matrix ultrafiltration membrane: Adsorptive removal of benzene, phenol and toluene from aqueous solution, Separation and Purification Technology, 157 (2016) 229-240.
4. Raka Mukherjee, Mrinmoy Mondal, Apurva Sinha, Supriya Sarkar, Sirshendu De, Application of nanofiltration membrane for treatment of chloride rich steel plant effluent, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 4 (2016) 1-9.
5. Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Preparation, characterization and application of powdered activated carbon-cellulose acetate phthalate mixed matrix membrane for treatment of steel plant effluent, Polymer for Advanced Technology, (2016) DOI:10.1002/pat.3690.
6. Raka Mukherjee, Rahul Sharma, Parveen Saini, Sirshendu De, Nanostructured polyaniline incorporated ultrafiltration membrane for desalination of brackish water, Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology, 1 (2015) 893-904.
7. Sourav Mondal, Raka Mukherjee, Sirshendu De, Process modeling for removal of phenolic compounds from industrial wastewater using mixed matrix membrane, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 54 (2015) 514-521.
8. Raka Mukherjee and Sirshendu De, Adsorptive removal of nitrate from aqueous solution by polyacrylonitrile–alumina nanoparticle mixed matrix hollow-fiber membrane, Journal of Membrane Science, 466 (2014) 281-292.
9. Sourav Mondal, Raka Mukherjee, Somak Chatterjee and Sirshendu De, Adsorption-concentration polarization model for ultrafiltration in mixed matrix membrane, AIChE Journal, 60 (2014) 2354-2364.
10. Raka Mukherjee and Sirshendu De, Adsorptive Removal of Phenolic compounds using cellulose acetate phthalate–alumina nanoparticle mixed matrix membrane, Journal of Hazardous material, 265 (2014) 8–19.