Newton Internatiaonal Fellowships
Research Associate of Keble College
+44 1865 273566
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
My research focuses on the mathematical theory of partial differential equations (PDE) in fluid dynamics and General relativity, which includes the well-posedness, singularity formation, and the vanishing viscosity limit of smooth or weak solutions for the compressible Navier-Stokes equations (CNS), the compressible Euler equations (CE), Einstein-Euer equations and some multi-physics process in fluid dynamics such as Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) and Radiation hydrodynamics (RHD).
Joint Ph.D, Georgia Institute of Technology, Sep., 2012 -- Sep., 2014,
Advisor: Prof. Ronghua Pan.
Ph.D, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Sep., 2009 -- Sep., 2012; Sep., 2014 -- Jun., 2015.
Advisor: Yachun Li.
Postdoc Fellow, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HK, Aug., 2015 -- Aug., 2017,
Mentor: Prof. Zhouping Xin.
Research Fellow, Monash University, Australia, Aug., 2017-- Mar., 2018,
Mentor: Prof. Todd A. Oliynyk.
Now I am a research associate in Keble college, and Newton International Fellowships in Mathematical Insititute. My supervisor is Prof. Gui-Qiang Chen.
Prizes, Awards, and Scholarships:
China Scholarship, China Scholarship Council, China, 2012;
Qiu Shi Scholarship, Qiu Shi Science and Technologies Foundation, Hong Kong, 2014;
Newton International Fellowships, Royal Society, UK, 2017.
Major / Recent Publications:
- Shock formation and existence of the global continuous solution for the compressible Euler Equations with far field vacuum, joint with Geng Chen and Gui-Qiang Chen, 2018, prepare.
- Global well-posedness of regular solutions to the three-dimensional compressible Navier-Stokes Equations with degenerate viscosities and vacuum, joint with Zhouping Xin, 2018, submitted, https://arxiv.org/abs/1806.02383.
- Well-posedness of three-dimensional isentropic compressible Navier-Stokes equations with degenerate viscosities and far field vacuum, joint with Zhouping Xin, 2018, submitted.
- Dynamical liquid bodies in general relativity, joint with Todd A. Oliynyk, 2018, prepare.
- On classical solutions to 2D Shallow water equations with degenerate viscosities, joint with Yachun Li and Ronghua Pan, J. Math. Fluid Mech., 19 (2017), no. 1, 151–190.
- Vanishing Viscosity limit of the Navier-Stokes equations to the Euler equations for compressible fluid flow with far field vacuum, joint with Min Ding, J. Math. Pure. Appl., (9) 107 (2017), no. 3, 288–314.
Existence results and blow-up criterion of compressible radiation hydrodynamic equations, joint with Yachun Li, J. Dynam. Differential Equations, 29 (2017), no. 2, 549–595.
On classical solutions for viscous polytropic fluids with degenerate viscosities and vacuum, joint with Yachun Li and Ronghua Pan 2016, submitted, https://arxiv.org/abs/1503.05644.
- Minimum principle of the temperature in three-dimensional compressible flow with vacuum, joint with Geng Chen and Weizhe Zhang, 2016, submitted.
- Singularity formation for compressible Euler equations, joint with Geng Chen and Ronghua Pan, SIAM. J. Math. Anal., 2017.
- On classical solutions of the compressible Magnetohydrodynamic equations with vacuum, SIAM. J. Math. Anal., 47 (2015) 2722-2753.
Lower bound of denisty for lipschitz continuous solutions in the isentropic gas dynamics, joint with Geng Chen and Ronghua Pan, 2016, submitted, https://arxiv.org/abs/1410.3182.
Vanishing Viscosity Limit of the Navier-Stokes Equations to the Euler Equations for Compressible Fluid Flow with vacuum, joint with Yongcai Geng and Yachun Li, 2016, submitted, https://arxiv.org/abs/1808.09605.
No BV bounds for approximate solutions to p-system with general pressure law, joint with Alberto Bressan, Geng Chen, Qingtian Zhang, J. Hyperbolic Differential Equations 12(2015) 799-816.
Existence results for viscous polytropic fluids with degenerate viscosity coefficients and vacuum, J. Differential Equations 259 (2015) 84-119.
Formation of singularities in solutions to the compressible radiation hydrodynamics equations with vacuum, joint with Yachun Li, J. Differential Equations 256 (2014) 3943-3980.