Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office requires all research students who are not nationals of the UK or EU/EEA (including Switzerland) to hold an ATAS certificate in order to apply for a visa. Further information, including an application form, is available here. As part of the application for an ATAS certificate, those made provisional offers for research places will need to agree a research proposal with the department. This will normally be organized after a student has received provisional acceptance from the department.