Financial support is offered for the UK-network of mathematicians via the following schemes.
Applications are invited from UK-based mathematicians for funds to
- visit events in the Mathematical Institute;
- invite members (including visitors) of the Mathematical Institute to visit their own institutions.
Applications are also invited from Oxford-based mathematicians to
- attend mathematical events in the UK, or visit mathematicians at other UK institutions.
Applications outside the remit but in the spirit of the above schemes, are welcome.
Short applications should contain
- name and affiliation of the applicant;
- name and affiliation of the host or organiser of the event to be attended (including a contact email address);
- description of the purpose of the visit, with a brief description of the project, or the title of the event with link to the event website; and
- details of the amount requested, with a brief justification for the proposed expenditure.
Applications from graduate students should include a supporting email from the supervisor.
It is expected that awards will be made for relatively small sums, and for not more than £2,000 except where the award is a block grant to cover costs for multiple individuals.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Expenses claimed must adhere to the University's procedures and rules set out in the expenses and benefits guide. Claims should be marked "UK-network support grant", signed by the grant holder (or Oxford-based mathematician in the case of grants supporting outgoing visits), and submitted to the Finance Officer in hardcopy together with a copy of the award email confirming the awarded amount. For further advice on the use of funds, contact the Finance Manager.
Incoming visitors should be invited via the process described on the visitor page.