+44 1865 283874
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
I am interested in understanding cancer evolution and identifying the processes that lead to uncurable disease. In my DPhil, I am looking at the impact of temporal fluctuations in tumoural microenvironment on its evolution. I am supervised by Prof. Philip Maini and Prof. Helen Byrne from WCMB and Dr. Robert Gatenby and Dr. Alexander Anderson from Moffitt Cancer Center, USA.
TA: B5.5 Further Mathematical Biology (2018/19)
Demonstrator at DTC: MATLAB, Python, Modelling and Scientific Computing, Mathematical Biology
Prizes, awards, and scholarships:
EPSRC-MRC Scholarship 2016 – 2020
Major / recent publications:
1. A. Ardaševa, R. A. Gatenby, A. R. A. Anderson, H. M. Byrne, P. K. Maini, T. Lorenzi, 'A comparative study between discrete and continuum models for the evolution of competing phenotype-structured cell populations in dynamical environments', (2020) arXiv
2. A. Ardaševa, R. A. Gatenby, A. R. A. Anderson, H. M. Byrne, P. K. Maini, T. Lorenzi, 'A mathematical dissection of the adaptation of cell populations to fluctuating oxygen levels', (2019) biorXiv
3. A. Ardaševa, R. A. Gatenby, A. R. A. Anderson, H. M. Byrne, P. K. Maini, T. Lorenzi, 'Evolutionary dynamics of competing phenotype-structured populations in periodically fluctuating environments', (2020), Journal of Mathematical Biology, 80, 775-807
4. A. Ardaseva, P. B. Rimmer, I. Waldmann, M. Rocchetto, S. N. Yurchenko, Ch. Helling, J. Tennyson, 'Lightning chemistry on Earth-like exoplanets', Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomical Society, 470-1 (2017), 187-196 pp.
5. T. Onaka, T. Mori, I. Sakon, A. Ardaseva, 'AKARI near-infrared spectroscopy of the extended green object G318.05+0.09: Detection of CO fundamental ro-vibrational emission', The Astrophysical Journal, 829-2 (2016), 106 pp.