Dr Bin Sun
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
 2019 Bjarni Jonsson Prize for Research (Vanderbilt University)
My research interest mainly lies in the field of geometric group theory and its application to L2-invariants, and homological methods in group theory. Below is a list of my papers.
 “Cohomology of group theoretic Dehn fillings II,” (with Nansen Petrosyan) arXiv version
 “Wreath-like product groups and rigidity of their von Neumann alge- bras,” (with Ionut Chifan, Adrian Ioana, Denis Osin) arXiv version.
 “Agrarian and l2-Betti numbers of locally indicable groups, with a twist,” (with Dawid Kielak) arXiv version.
Besides geometric group theory, I am also interested in discrete geometry. In the following collaborated work, we prove a six-neighbor theorem for planar normal tilings.
 L. Huang, B. Sun, and T. Wang, “A six-neighbor theorem for planar normal tilings,” In preparation.
Geometric group theory
Currtently, I have no teaching duty in Oxford, but I have taught several courses in the University of California, Riverside. Below are those courses.
- Spring 2020 Math 151C Advanced Calculus
- Spring 2020 Math 46 Ordinary Differential Equations
- Winter 2020 Math 9A First-year Calculus
- Winter 2020 Math 011 Introduction to Discrete Structures
- Fall 2019 Math 7A Calculus for Life Science
- Fall 2019 Math 46 Ordinary Differential Equations