+44 0000 000000
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
I am interested in mathematical modelling of real-world systems, and primarily in fluid and solid mechanics. My work involves a combination of asymptotics and numerical methods.
I am currently studying dynamic wrinkling in elastic sheets - such as when an elastic sheet floating on the surface of a liquid is deformed with an indenter - together with Finn Box and Dominic Vella.
In my PhD, I studied the production of thin glass sheets via the redraw process in collaboration with Schott AG. In the redraw process, a prefabricated sheet of glass is reheated and stretched to a desired thickness. This stretching can lead to undesired effects, such as non-uniform thickness and out-of-plane deformations.
- Introductory Calculus,
Fourier Series and PDEs,
Waves and Compressible Flow,
Topics in Fluid Mechanics.
Major / Recent Publications:
- O'Kiely, D., Breward, C. J. W., Griffiths, I. M., Howell, P. D., Lange, U. (2018). Glass sheet redraw through a long heater zone. IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics
- Dalwadi, M. P., O'Kiely, D., Thomson, S. J., Khaleque, T. S., Hall, C. L. (2017). Mathematical modeling of chemical agent removal by reaction with an immiscible cleanser. SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics.
- O’Kiely, D., Breward, C. J. W., Griffiths, I. M., Howell, P. D., Lange, U. (2015). Edge behaviour in the glass sheet redraw process. Journal of Fluid Mechanics.
- O’Kiely, D., Whiteley, J. P., Oliver, J. M., & Vella, D. (2015). Inertial rise of a meniscus on a vertical cylinder. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 768, R2.
- Ó Náraigh, L., & O’Kiely, D. (2013). Homogenization theory for periodic potentials in the Schrödinger equation. European Journal of Physics, 34(1), 19.
- Dalwadi, M., et al. Toxic Chemicals and their Neutralising Agents in Porous Media.