Post-Doctoral Research Assistant in the Wolfson Centre for Mathematical Biology (WCMB).
+44 1865 615162
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Mechanical Cell-Cell Communication in Fibrous Networks: The Importance of Network Geometry.
Bull Math Biol issue 3 volume 79 page 498-524 (March 2017) Full text available
Predicting The Influence of Microvascular Structure On Tumour Response to Radiotherapy.
IEEE transactions on bio-medical engineering (8 September 2016)
Simulating tumour vasculature at multiple scales
Proceedings of the 2014 6th International Advanced Research Workshop on In Silico Oncology and Cancer Investigation - The CHIC Project Workshop, IARWISOCI 2014 (5 February 2014)
Microvessel Chaste: An Open Library for Spatial Modelling of Vascularized Tissues
Mathematical and computational modelling of vascular tumour growth and treatment.
Major / Recent Publications:
- J.A. Grogan, B. Markelc, A.J. Connor, R.J. Muschel, J.M. Pitt-Franices, P.K. Maini, H.M. Byrne, Predicting the influence of microvascular structure On tumour response to radiotherapy, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, In Press, 2016.
- E.L. Boland, J.A. Grogan, C. Conway, P.E. McHugh, Computer Simulation of the mechanical behaviour of implanted biodegradable stents in a remodelling artery, JOM: The Journal of The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS), 68:1198–1203, 2016.
- J.A. Grogan, S.B. Leen, P.E. McHugh, Computational micromechanics of bioabsorbable magnesium stents, Journal of Mechanical Behaviour of Biomedical Materials, 34:93-105, 2014.
- J.A. Grogan, S.B. Leen, P.E. McHugh, A physical corrosion model for bioabsorbable metallic stents, Acta Biomaterialia, In Press, DOI:10.1016/j.actbio.2013.12.059, 2014.
- J.A. Grogan, D. Gastaldi, M. Castelletti, F. Migliavacca, G. Dubini, P.E. McHugh, A novel flow chamber for biodegradable alloy assessment in physiologically realistic environments, Review of Scientific Instruments, 34:094301, 2013.
- J.A. Grogan, S.B. Leen, P.E. McHugh, Optimizing the design of a bioabsorbable metal stent using computer simulation methods, Biomaterials, 34:8049-60, 2013.
- E. Birmingham, J.A. Grogan, G.L. Niebur, L.M. McNamara, P.E. McHugh, Computational modelling of the mechanics of trabecular bone and marrow using fluid structure interaction techniques, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 41:814-26, 2013.
- J.A. Grogan, S.B. Leen, P.E. McHugh, Influence of statistical size effects on the plastic deformation of coronary stents, Journal of Mechanical Behaviour of Biomedical Materials, 20:61-76, 2013.
- J.A. Grogan, S.B. Leen, and P.E. McHugh. Comparing coronary stent material performance on a common geometric platform through simulated benchtesting, Journal of Mechanical Behaviour of Biomedical Materials, 12:129-138, 2012.
- J.A. Grogan, B.J. O'Brien, S.B. Leen, P.E. McHugh, A corrosion model for bioabsorbable metallic stents, Acta Biomaterialia, 7:3523-33, 2011.
- F. Harewood, J. Grogan, P. McHugh, A multiscale approach to failure assessment in deployment for cardiovascular stents, Journal of Multiscale Modelling, 2:1-22, 2010.