'Simulation of Thin Elastic Shells' as part of the ERC-funded project 'Geometry and Anomalous Dynamic Growth of Elastic instabilities'
+44 1865 615144
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Static bistability of spherical caps.
Proceedings. Mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences issue 2213 volume 474 page 20170910- (16 May 2018)
Regimes of wrinkling in pressurized elastic shells.
Philosophical transactions. Series A, Mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences issue 2093 volume 375 page 20160330- (May 2017)
A multiscale modeling approach to transport of nano-constructs in biological tissues
volume 122 page 109-138 (1 January 2017)
Morphology of residually stressed tubular tissues: Beyond the elastic multiplicative decomposition
Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids volume 90 page 242-253 (1 May 2016)
Beading instability in soft cylindrical gels with capillary energy: Weakly non-linear analysis and numerical simulations
JOURNAL OF THE MECHANICS AND PHYSICS OF SOLIDS volume 81 page 91-120 (August 2015) Full text available
- Stability and pattern formation in nonlinear mechanics.
- Asymptotic techniques and numerical tools for post-buckling analysis.
- Poroelasticity in soft hydrated tissues
- Mathematical modelling of biological systems at microscale.
- Multiscale modelling for advection/di usion in nanomedicine.
Engineer that does buckling
Tutor: C5.2 Elasticity and Plasticity (University of Oxford - Hilary 2016)
Teaching Assistant: Mechanics of Solids, Scuola di Architettura Civile (Politecnico di Milano - 2nd semester 2014/2015)
Teaching Assistant: Structural Mechanics, Material Engineering and Nanotechnology (Politecnico di Milano - 2nd semester 2013/2014)
Teaching Assistant: Structural Mechanics, Material Engineering and Nanotechnology (Politecnico di Milano - 2nd semester 2012/2013)
Major / Recent Publications:
- Taffetani M., Vella D. Regimes of wrinkling in pressurized elastic shells, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A (in press)
- Ciarletta P., Destrade M., Gower A.L., Taffetani M. (2016) Morphology of residually stressed tubular tissues: Beyond the elastic multiplicative decomposition, J Mech. Phys. Solids, 90: 242-253
- Taffetani M., Ciarletta P. (2015) Beading instability in soft cylindrical gels with capillary energy: weakly non-linear analysis and numerical simulations, J Mech. Phys. Solids, 81: 91-120
- Taffetani M., Ciarletta P. (2015) Elastocapillarity can control the formation and the morphology of beads-on-string structures in solid fibers, Phys. Rev. E, 91(3):032413
- Taffetani M., Raiteri R., Gottardi R., Gastaldi D., Vena P. (2015) A quantitative interpretation of the response of articular cartilage to atomic force microscopy-based dynamic nanoindentation tests, J Biomech. Eng., 137(7): 071005
- Taffetani M., de Falco C., Penta R., Ambrosi D., Ciarletta P. (2014) Biomechanical modelling in nanomedicine: multiscale modeling and future challenges, Arch. Appl. Mech., 84(9-11): 1627-1645
- Taffetani M., Griebel M., Gastaldi D., Klisch S. M., Vena P. (2014) Poroviscoelastic finite element model including continuous ber distribution for the simulation of nanoindentation tests on articular cartilage, J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. Mat., 32: 17-30