Research student (DPhil/PhD) studying industrially focused mathematical modelling (InFoMM).
+44 1865 273539
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
My DPhil topic is
sponsored by ARM and NAG, supervised by Prof. Mike Giles. Previous research topics have included:
- Bayesian optimisation.
- Machine learning methods.
- Numerical simulations of mortgage products.
- Computational methods for high energy astrophysics.
Some areas of interest include:
- High performance computing.
- Scientific computing.
- Programming language architecture.
- Financial mathematics.
- Condensed matter physics and theoretical physics.
- Sports modelling.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Data analysis.
However, this list is not exhaustive and there are many other areas I am interested in. Please get in contact if you have a related area of study or work.
Mansfield College, Oxford, OX1 3TF.
Teaching assistant for:
- Statistics and financial data analysis.
- Exotic derivatives.
- Monte Carlo based numerical methods.
- Fourier series and partial differential equations.
- Special relativity.
- Financial computing with C++.
- Mathematical modelling of financial derivates.
Prizes, awards, and scholarships:
EPSRC InFoMM CDT scholarship (2016).
Oxford university scholarship (2012).
Man Group scholarship (2012).
Major / recent publications:
- 2019, Synopsys: latency prediction for on-chip communication, Xingang Cao, Kristof Cools, Nhung Dang, Yingjun Deng, Tieme Goedendorp, Anastasiia Hraivoronska, Amir Parsa Sadr, Mikola Schlottke, Oliver Sheridan-Methven, Niels van der Wekken, and Harshit Bansal, proceedings of the 148-th European study group, mathematics with industry, Wageningen.
- 2019, Body weight prediction of turkeys: from walking to mass, Alexandery Mey, Behrouz Raftari, Elizabeth, Zuniga, Javier Fernandez, Jos Hageman, Martin Stefanov, Oliver Sheridan-Methven, and Yang Zhou, proceedings of the 148-th European study group, mathematics with industry, Wageningen.
- 29-th December 2018, Escaping local minima with derivative-free methods: a numerical investigation, Coralia Cartis, Lindon Roberts, and Oliver Sheridan-Methven, arXiv:1812.11343.