+44 1865 273577
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Communication - Prediction of thermal issues for larger format 4680 cylindrical cells and their mitigation with enhanced current collection
Journal of The Electrochemical Society issue 16 volume 167 page 160544-160544 (29 December 2020)
A suite of reduced-order models of a single-layer lithium-ion pouch cell
Journal of Electrochemical Society issue 14 volume 167 (21 October 2020)
Corrigendum to “Generalised single particle models for high-rate operation of graded lithium-ion electrodes: Systematic derivation and validation” [Electrochimica Acta 339 (2020) 135862]
Electrochimica Acta volume 351 (23 May 2020)
Probing heterogeneity in li-ion batteries with coupled multiscale models of electrochemistry and thermal transport using tomographic domains
Journal of The Electrochemical Society issue 11 volume 167 page 110538- (20 July 2020)
An asymptotic derivation of a single particle model with electrolyte
Journal of The Electrochemical Society issue 15 volume 166 page A3693-A3706 (8 November 2019)
I am interested in the use of asymptotic and numerical techniques to develop and solve partial differential equation models of practical problems arising from industry. In particular, my work focuses on problems which couple mechanics, heat flow and chemistry. To read more about the battery research happening at Oxford, see Oxford Mathematical Modelling Battery Group.
C5.1 Solid Mechanics (Class Tutor, 2018-2019)
Prizes, awards, and scholarships:
- Award for best paper presentation, 3rd Defence and Security Doctoral Symposium, Swindon, UK, 2017.
- SCCM Early Career and Student Symposium Travel Award, APS Conference on Shock Compression of Condensed Matter Early Career Symposium, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2017.
- Award for best paper presentation (runner up), 2nd Defence and Security Doctoral Symposium, Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, 2016.
- Frank Carver Bursary Award, 42nd International Pyrotechnics Society Seminar, Grand Junction, Colorado, USA, 2016.
- EPSRC iCASE Studentship, partnered with AWE, October 2014 – March 2018.