+44 1865 615312
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
- Preconditioning for Toeplitz-like systems
- Numerical methods for solving partial differential equations on moving surfaces
- Numerical Linear Algebra (MT-2017, MT-2015)
- Numerical Analysis (TT-2015 For Oxford Programme for Undergraduate Studies)
- Applied Complex Variables (HT-2018)
- Approximation of Functions (MT-2017)
- Numerical Solution of Differential Equations I (MT-2017)
- Numerical Solution of Differential Equations II (HT-2017)
- Numerical linear algebra (MT-2015, MT-2014)
- Continuous Optimization (HT-2015)
Prizes, Awards, and Scholarships:
2014 - 2017, The University of Oxford Croucher Scholarships
Major / Recent Publications:
- S. Hon, A note on the spectral distribution of symmetrised Toeplitz sequences, Under review. (Preprint on request.)
- S. Hon, Circulant preconditioners for functions of Hermitian Toeplitz matrices, Under review. (Preprint on request.)
- S. Hon, Optimal preconditioners for systems defined by functions of Toeplitz matrices, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 548:148 – 171, 2018.
- M. Hammerschmidt, J. Pabisiak, A. Perez-Gea, N. Julian, S. Hon, S. Burger, Efficient finite-element-based numerical modelling of large sub-wavelength patterned optical structures, Proc. SPIE 10542, High Contrast Metastructures VII, 105421G (21 February 2018); doi: 10.1117/12.2292438; https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2292438
- S. Hon and A. Wathen, Circulant preconditioners for analytic functions of Toeplitz matrices, Numerical Algorithms, Feb 2018.
- E. McDonald, S. Hon, J. Pestana and A. Wathen, Preconditioning for nonsymmetry and time-dependence, pages 81–91. Springer International Publishing, Cham, 2017.
- K. Siegel, K. Altenburger, Y. Hon, J. Lin and C. Yu, PuzzleCluster: a novel unsupervised
clustering algorithm for binning DNA fragments in metagenomics, Current Bioinformatics, vol. 10, pp. 3–13, 2015.
- S. Hon, S. Leung and H. Zhao, A cell based particle method for modeling dynamic interfaces, Journal of Computational Physics, 272:279 – 306, 2014.