Before booking a room please see the list of rooms available within the department along with their maximum capacities.
Availability of rooms can be seen by viewing the online room booking calendar.
Please note the following guidelines when booking a room/making a room booking request
- Please try to pick rooms wisely, e.g.
- do not book a room that will be too small for your needs but equally do not book a room that is much larger than required preventing it from being available for better use
- try to book a room that is conveniently accessed by those attending the lecture/class/seminar/meeting etc. For undergraduate lectures and classes this typically means L1, L2, L3, SGSR1, SGSR2, DHSR1 and DHSR3.
- Note room DHSR2 is not easily accessed by undergrads so is generally not recommended for classes.
- Note rooms RI.0.48 and RI.1.28 are in the Gibson Building which is not open to undergraduates.
- Note The Alan Tayler Room in Dartington House (DHABT) although a meeting room is also a reading room/library and thus should only be used when other similar rooms are not available to ensure access to the book collection remains easy.
- Note RI.0.49 in the Gibson Building although a meeting room is also a reading room/library and thus should only be used when other similar rooms are not available to ensure access to the book collection remains easy.
- Different types of room are booked differently
- Main teaching rooms (L1, L2, L3, SR1, SR2, DHSR1, DHSR3) - booking requests should be sent to room-bookings [-at-] maths [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk
- Dartington House Dual purpose/inaccessible rooms (DHSR2, DH Alan Tayler Room) - only book these when absolutely necessary and do so by contacting the DH reception or admin staff in DH17
- SG Meeting rooms (T14, SG Higman Room) - booking requests should be sent to room-bookings [-at-] maths [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (in the future we could pilot a self booking system for these rooms).
- DH Meeting room (DH42) - contact admin staff in DH58.
- Gibson Building rooms (RI.0.48, RI.0.49, RI.1.28) - contact reception staff in RI.0.3.
Note in the situation where you need a particular room that is already booked, in the first instance, contact the person who manages the booking of that room. They in turn will let you know who has it booked and suggest you contact them direct to see if you can agree a change. In the event that a change cannot be agreed contact the Head of Administration and Finance for a decision based on departmental priorities.