As a newcomer or prospective newcomer to the department there will be lots of information to take in and find out about. The department has an induction process that will enable you to meet key people, obtain induction materials for certain matters and to ask questions or know where to direct questions in the future.
This page contains some (cross) links to induction materials that exist within the website as well as other information that may be of use to newcomers.
- Travel & maps
- IT induction and new user materials
- Health and safety induction materials
- Information on the first aid and welfare room that can be used for breast feeding etc
- Disability statement and building access guide
- Good practice information
- Information for newly appointed academics
- MPLS division research staff information (including newcomers info, support for research careers, support for women's careers etc)
- Visitor application process
- University staff gateway
The members section of the website is a particularly useful resource. The page itself acts as a dashboard with short cuts in to a wide variety of useful information and systems (far more than one can simply see from the drop-down menu site structure in the navigation bar).