The main research interests of the group are geometric stability theory, model theory of fields and o-minimal structures.
The group is affiliated to MALOA, the Marie Curie Initial Training Network on Mathematical Logic and Applications. Past networks include MODNET, the European Research Training Network in Model theory, and to RAAG, the European Research Training Network on Real Algebraic and Analytic Geometry.
From 2002 to 2005 the group worked on the EPSRC research project Model Theory of Analytic and Pseudo-analytic structures. The report is available here as a pdf file.
Recent doctoral theses
- Local to global methods in o-minimal expansions of fields by Gareth Jones, supervised by Prof Alex Wilkie (2006).
- The theory of exponential differential equations by Jonathan Kirby, supervised by Prof Boris Zilber (2006).
- Reducts of differentially closed fields to fields with a relation for exponentiation by Cecily Crampin, supervised by Prof Alex Wilkie (2006).
- Model Theory of the Universal Covering Spaces of Complex Algebraic Varieties by Misha Gavrilovich, supervised by Prof Boris Zilber (2005).
- Model theory of holomorphic functions by Henry Braun, supervised by Prof Alex Wilkie (2004).