- Professorial Fellow of Keble College
- Director, EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Partial Differential Equations
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Gui-Qiang G. Chen's main research areas lie in nonlinear partial differential equations, nonlinear analysis, and their connections/applications to mechanics, geometry, other areas of mathematics and the other sciences. His recent research interests include nonlinear conservation laws, nonlinear waves, partial differential equations of mixed type, free boundary problems, and geometric problems. His research interests also include measure-theoretical analysis, weak convergence methods, stochastic partial differential equations, statistical physics, and numerical analysis.
Major / Recent Publications:
- Gui-Qiang G. Chen, Helge Holden & Kenneth. H. Karlsen (Eds.): Hyperbolic Conservation Laws and Related Analysis with Applications, Springer-Verlag: Berlin-Heidelberg, 2014.
- John M. Ball & Gui-Qiang G. Chen (Eds.): Entropy and Convexity for Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, Theme Issue 2005, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathemaitcal, Physical & Engineering Sciences, Vol. 371, No. 2005, December 28, 2013.
- Alberto Bressan, Gui-Qiang G. Chen, Marta Lewicka & Dehua Wang (Eds.): Nonlinear Conservation Laws and Applications, Springer-Verlag: New York, 2011