+44 1865 270507
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Industrial mathematics, mathematical modelling, matched asymptotic expansions, partial differential equations, superconductivity, vortices, dislocations in elastic crystals, complex ray theory, high-frequency acoustic and electromagnetic scattering, free-boundary problems, exponential asymptotics, shear-thinning fluids, subcritical transition to turbulence, mathematical finance, asymptotic approximation of eigenvalues, mechanochemical models in developmental biology, mathematical physiology, tumour growth, nonlinear models of biological tissue.
Prizes, Awards, and Scholarships:
- Johnson Mathematical Prize, Oxford University, 1992.
- Richard C. DiPrima Prize, Society for Industrial and Applied Maths, 1994.
- Whitehead Prize, London Mathematical Society, 1998.
- Julian Cole Prize, Society for Industrial and Applied Maths, 2002.
- Naylor Prize, London Mathematical Society, 2015.