Members of the Mathematical Physics Group organize a number of regular seminar series. These take place either in Lecture Room L3 of the St Giles Building, or in Seminar Room RI.1.28 on the first floor of the Gibson Building. Details of upcoming events may be found in the full listing of Mathematical Institute seminars.
- String Theory, L3, Mondays 12pm.
- Amplitudes and Twistors, RI.1.28, Tuesdays 2.30pm.
- Relativity, L3, Tuesdays 12pm on (roughly) even weeks, alternating with:
- Quantum Field Theory, L3, Tuesdays 12pm on (roughly) odd weeks.
- String Theory Bag Lunch, RI.1.28, Wednesdays 12pm.
Other seminar series that are regularly of interest to members of our group are:
- Elementary Particle Physics, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Tuesdays 2:15pm.
- Particle Theory Journal Club, Dalitz Institute, Thursdays 1pm.
- Particles and Fields, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Thursdays 4:15pm.
- Theoretical Physics Colloquium, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Fridays 2:15pm.
Future conferences (or sessions therein) organized by members of the group:
Past conferences (or sessions therein) organized by members of the group:
- Twistors, Strings and Scattering Amplitudes, August 19-25 August, 2007, London Mathematical Society Durham Symposium, Durham.
- The Painlevé equations and Monodromy Problems, September 4-29 2006, The Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Global Problems in Mathematical Relativity, August-December 2005, The Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Twistor-string theory, January 10-14th 2005, The Mathematical Institute, Oxford.