Our research covers the spectrum of pure and applied mathematics with a significant presence in all major areas. We collaborate with colleagues in virtually every department in the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences and the Medical Sciences Division, and with many in social sciences as well. For more on our research, see our research groups pages.
Several case studies of some of our recent research are available:
- Influencing HIV/AIDS policy in India through mathematical modelling
- Helping the ‘Greeks’ to run faster
- Mathematics in the design and manufacture of novel glass products
- The HYDRA code - Rolls-Royce's standard aerodynamic design tool
- Risk On/Risk Off: A new tool for managing financial markets
- How networks shape the spread of disease and gossip
and below are three films explaining several other areas of recent research.