100th European Study Group with Industry - Travel
Mathematical Institute and Balliol College, Oxford
Monday 7 April - Friday 11 April, 2014
ESGI100 will be held in the Mathematical Institute, Andrew Wiles Building, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road, Oxford [map]
Please be aware that we are not able to offer parking. We advise using the Park & Ride services, parking at Pear Tree and taking the #300 bus which stops opposite the entrance to the Mathematical Institute on Woodstock Road.
- Directions to the Mathematical Institute from Oxford Train Station [map]
- Directions to the Mathematical Institute from Gloucester Green Coach Station (Oxford) [map]
Taxis are readily available from both Oxford Train Station and Gloucester Green Coach Station and the fare to the Mathematical Institute should be approximately £7.00.
Getting to Oxford
Travellers from abroad may arrive by plane at:
- London Heathrow; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford.
- London Gatwick; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford.
- London Stansted; there are infrequent direct coaches or more frequent links via a coach to Heathrow or London.
- Luton; you may need to take a coach to Heathrow or London to join one of the other services.
- Birmingham International Airport; there are frequent trains from here to Oxford (see Rail Timetable Information).
See Rail Timetable Information for details of trains to Oxford.
- From London, take the Oxford Bus Company X90 service or the Oxford Tube coach to Oxford.
- See the National Express website for details of coaches from other major cities.
Directions to accommodation at Balliol College
All attendees must check in at the porters' lodge at Balliol College, Broad Street on arrival.
Accommodation at Balliol College will either be on the main site which is a 10 minute walk to the Mathematical Institute [map] or at Jowett Walk which is a 15 minute walk to the Mathematical Institute [map]. In either instance you must check in at the porters' lodge on Broad Street.