Travel to the Mathematical Institute
Also see the contact us page for the full address of the department.
View Mathematical Institute Buildings in a larger map
Please be aware there is limited public parking available in the centre of Oxford. The University has very limited parking, and on the ROQ site in particular there is almost no parking available although each building does have two dedicated accessible parking places (the very limited parking is only available via prior booking with a clear explanation of the circumstances of need). We advise using the Park & Ride services, parking at Pear Tree and taking the #300 bus which stops opposite the entrance to the Mathematical Institute on Woodstock Road.
- Oxford city centre map showing the location of the Mathematical Institute Building
- Directions to the Mathematical Institute from Oxford Train Station
- Directions to the Mathematical Institute from Gloucester Green Coach Station (Oxford)
Taxis are readily available from both Oxford Train Station and Gloucester Green Coach Station and the fare to the Mathematical Institute should be approximately £7.00.
Note there is a large number of external cycle racks located on the south and west sides of the building for those coming by bike.
Facilities for visitors to the department
The Andrew Wiles Building has been designed with accessibility in mind. Please see the building access guide for details, and please contact Reception before or during your visit if you would like any assistance.
The Andrew Wiles Building has a splendid cafe that departmental visitors and event guests are also welcome to use.
Visitors may find it helpful to know that the first aid room doubles as a private lactation room for people wishing to breastfeed or express milk. Please enquire via Reception if you would like to use the room.
Getting to Oxford
Travellers from abroad may arrive by plane at:
- London Heathrow; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford.
- London Gatwick; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford.
- London Stansted; there are infrequent direct coaches or more frequent links via a coach to Heathrow or London.
- Luton; you may need to take a coach to Heathrow or London to join one of the other services.
- Birmingham International Airport; there are frequent trains from here to Oxford (see Rail Timetable Information).
See Rail Timetable Information for details of trains to Oxford and to purchase train tickets.
- From London, take the Oxford Bus Company X90 service or the Oxford Tube coach to Oxford.
- See the National Express website for details of coaches from other major cities.
- Tickets can usually be purchased on the linked travel company websites.
Local Bus Timetables
Local Taxi Firms
- Electronic Yellow Pages listings - Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles in Oxford