The first South West Regional PDE Winter School was held at St Anne's college, Oxford from 12-13 December 2008
The Programme included:
- a 3 hour mini-course:
- Susanna Terracini (Milan) - "Analytic aspects in spatial segregation for competition systems"
- Invited lectures:
- Pierre Raphaël (Toulouse) - "Nonlinear wave equations and singularity formation"
- Sylvia Serfaty (Courant & Universite Pierre et Marie Curie) - "Vortices in the Ginzburg-Landau model of superconductivity"
- Neil Trudinger (Australian National University) - "Some Open Problems in Nonlinear Elliptic PDE"
- Talks from students and postdocs:
- Apala Majumdar (Oxford)
- Zeev Sobol (Swansea)
- Mette Iversen (Cambridge)
- Joerg Enders (Warwick)
- Esther Cabezas-Rivas (Warwick)
- Gareth Lanagan (Aberystwyth)
- Michael Herrmann (Oxford)
- Duvan Henao (Oxford)
- Pietro Baldi (Napoli)
- Eugen Varvaruca (Imperial)
- Gareth Clews (Brunel)
The organising committee is made up of members from: University of Bath, University of Bristol, Oxford Centre for Nonlinear PDE, University of Warwick and the Wales Institute of Mathematical and Computational Sciences.