Conditions of Use
- Any pages stored on the Institute's web servers should typically be work-related. Suitable topics for work-related webpages include:
- contact information
- research interests
- lecture notes
- lists of links to collaborators' homepages
Other material is permitted provided it:
- is not the initial page generally linked to from other official locations
- does not contain material that reflects badly on the department or is inappropriate to be hosted on the departmental server
- does not impact on the provision of academic material
- does not require significant disk space
- Each page you write must display clearly your name and email address to which people can send corrections and comments. It must also show the last time/date the page was changed. In the case of the main departmental content management system it is sufficient to use the mechanism provided that shows these details or a contact form link depending on the context. For personal pages beyond the content management system his can be made easier by using a server side include.
- The user has a responsibility to maintain their web pages and to ensure where possible the HTML is valid and the links are not broken. To help with this several tools are available.
- You should also give strong consideration to the accessibility of your pages. For more information on accessibility see the department accessibility policy.
- You must also be aware of data protection issues.