- Members of the research group
- The number theory mailing list
- Link to the Cryptography research group
- Preprints by members of the research group
- Algebraic and Analytic Methods in Number Theory (EPSRC grant no. EP/F060661/1)
- Rational Points on Algebraic Varieties (EPSRC grant no. GR/R93155/01)
- Papers by members of the group, on the departmental eprint server
- Number theory seminars
- Next seminar: 24 January 201916:00Giovanni RossoAbstract
Seminal work of Hida tells us that if a modular eigenform is ordinary at p then we can always find other eigenforms, of different weights, that are congruent to our given form. Even better, it says that we can find q-expansions with coefficients in p-adic analytic function of the weight variable k that when evaluated at positive integers give the q-expansion of classical eigenforms. His construction of these families uses mainly the geometry of the modular curve and its ordinary locus.
In a joint work with Marc-Hubert Nicole, we obtained similar results for Drinfeld modular forms over function fields. After an extensive introduction to Drinfeld modules, their moduli spaces, and Drinfeld modular forms, we shall explain how to construct Hida families for ordinary Drinfeld modular forms.
- Number Theory Seminar
- Next seminar:
- Junior number theory seminars
- Next seminar: There are no seminars currently scheduled for this series.
- Next seminar:
- Information for Applicants for Postgraduate study
- Travel information
- Vacancies within the department