Prof. Andrea Mondino
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
- Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations (co-Editor-in-Chief)
- The Royal Society of Edinburgh, Proceedings A : Mathematics
- Nonlinear Analysis: theory, methods and applications
- Journal of Dynamical and Control Systems
- Communications in Mathematical Analysis and Applications
Prof. Mondino works at the interface between Analysis and Geometry. More precisely he studies problems arising from (differential and metric) geometry by using analytic techniques such as optimal transport, functional analysis, partial differential equations, calculus of variations, gradient flows, nonlinear analysis, geometric measure theory. Although the emphasis of his work is primarily theoretical, the topics and the techniques have profound links with applications to natural sciences (mainly physics and biology) and economics.
C4.6 Fixed point Theorems and Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Whitehead Prize 2020, ERC Starting Grant 2018, Bartolozzi Prize 2017, Huneke Fellow at MSRI-Berkeley: January to May 2016, Gioacchino Iapichino Prize 2014, ETH Fellow: March 2013-March 2015, Oberwolfach Leibniz Graduate Student: 2012-2013, Benedetto Sciarra International Prize 2010, Marco Reni Prize 2009, Optime Prize 2007.