Professor Emeritus of Engineering Science. Visiting Professor in Physics, Imperial College, London.
+44 1865 280619
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Simulated dynamics of a plasma-sheath-liquid interface
NEW JOURNAL OF PHYSICS volume 21 (4 June 2019) Full text available
Electrohydrodynamic stability of plasma-liquid interface
Applied Physics Letters (8 January 2018)
On the Bohm criterion in the presence of a magnetic field
Nuclear Materials and Energy (26 October 2017)
The structure of the collisionless transient pinch
Physics of Plasmas (10 April 2017)
- Dusty Plasmas
- Plasma boundaries and the Bohm criterion
- Plasmas created by ultra-violet light
- Magnetic confinement revisited.
References (to illustrate the above topics)
- Allen, J.E., On supersonic flow around an obstacle, 2013, J. Plasma Phys., 79, 315.
- Allen, J.E., The plasma boundary in a magnetic field, 2008, Contrib. Plasma Phys., 48, 400.
- Franklin, R.N. et al, Plasmas generated by ultra-violet light rather than electron impact, 2013, Phys. Plasmas, 20, 123508.
- Allen, J.E., The Bennett pinch revisited, 2010, 37th E.P.S. Conference on Plasma Physics, E.C.A., 34 A, P4.181.