University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
Woods, T. and Hewitt, I. J.: A model of the weathering crust and microbial activity on an ice-sheet surface, EGUsphere [preprint], https://doi.org/10.5194/egusphere-2022-1086, 2022.
I am interested in mathematical modelling in geoscience, in particular modelling ice sheets and glaciers. My research is focussed on small-scale ice sheet surface processes, aiming to improve our understanding of what impacts surface melting and runoff. In my current work, I am looking at how the presence of microbes on the ice sheet surface - in a water-saturated, porous layer called the 'weathering crust' - can affect surface melting and lead to a potential positive feedback. I am supervised by Ian Hewitt.
- Part C Mathematical Geoscience (MT2020, MT2021)
- Part C Elasticity and Plasticity (HT2021)
- Prelims Dynamics (HT2021)
- Part C Perturbation methods (MT2021)
College tutor (New College):
- Part A Differential Equations 1 (MT2020)
- Prelims Dynamics (HT2022)
- Part A Fluids and Waves (HT2022)
- Part A Mathematical Modelling in Biology (TT2022)