University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
DPhil student in the numerical analysis group, Mathematics department.
High-order nonconvex optimization
High-dimensional functional approximation
Algorithms on large data sets and randomized algorithms on low-rank approximation;
Tensors methods and tensors decompositions.
- Wenqi Zhu, Coralia Cartis. Quartic Polynomial Sub-problem Solutions in Tensor Methods for Nonconvex Optimization; In NeurIPS 2022 HOO Workshop Spotlight Presentation and in 4th IMA Conference.
- Congzheng Liu, Wenqi Zhu. Newsvendor Conditional Value-at-Risk Minimisation with a Non-Parametric Approach; arXiv:2209.11121, 2022. (in review).
- Wenqi Zhu, Yuji Nakatsukasa. Approximations of Multivariate Functions in Irregular Domains via Vandermonde with Arnoldi; In 7th IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimization, 2022.
- MT2021: C6.1 Numerical Linear Algebra (TA)
- HT2021: C6.2 Continuous optimization (TA)
- MT2022: C6.1 Numerical Linear Algebra (TA)
- DPhil in Mathematics Studentships, 2021-2025. Funded by INNOHK and CIMDA Centre partnership
- DTP studentship. Funded by UKRI-BBSRC and the partnership
- Industrial CASE Studentship, 2021-2025. Funded by Syngenta Group
- Catherine Hughes Fund Internship Award, 2021. Funded by Somerville College, Oxford
- M.Sc. Prize for Excellence, 2021. Awarded by MMSC Examining Committee, Oxford.
- Archibald Jackson Prize, 2021. Awarded by Somerville College, Oxford.
- St. Hugh’s College Scholarship, 2011-2014. Awarded by St. Hugh’s College, Oxford.