Details of upcoming events of possible interest to string theorists and mathematical physicists may be found at the string theory website, including events held in Theoretical Physics.
Members of the Mathematical Physics Group organize a number of regular seminar series. These mostly take place in Lecture Room L5 of the Andrew Wiles Building.
- String Theory, Mondays 12.45pm.
- Relativity, Tuesdays 12pm on (roughly) even weeks, alternating with:
- Quantum Field Theory, Tuesdays 12pm on (roughly) odd weeks.
- Amplitudes and Twistors, (occasional and in varying classrooms) Tuesdays varying times.
Other seminar series that are regularly of interest to members of our group are:
- Geometry and Analysis, Mondays 2:15pm.
- Algebraic and Symplectic Geometry, Tuesday afternoons.
- PDE, Mondays, 5pm.
- Elementary Particle Physics, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Tuesdays 2:15pm.
- Particle Theory Journal Club, Dalitz Institute, Thursdays 1pm.
- Particles and Fields, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Thursdays 4:15pm.
- Theoretical Physics Colloquium, Dennis Sciama Lecture Theatre, Fridays 2:15pm.
Conferences and Meetings
Future conferences (or sessions therein) organized by members of the group:
- Penrose 90 July 22-23 2021
Past conferences (or sessions therein) organized by members of the group:
- Oxford-Humboldt summit meeting March 21-22, 2016
- New geometric structures in scattering amplitudes, 22-25 September 2014.
- Twistors in geometry and physics, Penrose 80, 21-22 July 2011.
- The Painlevé equations and Monodromy Problems, September 4-29 2006, The Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Global Problems in Mathematical Relativity, August-December 2005, The Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Twistor-string theory, January 10-14th 2005, The Mathematical Institute, Oxford.