Dr Ning Wang
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
- International Journals
- Yuting Fu, Hanqing Jin, Haitao Xiang, and Ning Wang. Optimal lockdown policy for vaccinationduring covid-19 pandemic.Finance research letters, page 102123, 2021.
- Ning Wang, Yuting Fu, Hu Zhang, Huipeng Shi. (2020) An Evaluation of Mathematical Models for the Outbreak of COVID-19, Precision Clinical Medicine.
- Bo Liang; Yuan Gao; Jiabao Xu; Yizhi Song; Liming Xuan; Ting Shi; Ning Wang; Zhaoxu Hou; Yilei Zhao; Wei Huang; Zijiang Chen. (2019) Raman Profiling of Embryo Culture Medium to Identify Aneuploid and Euploid Embryos. Fertility and Sterility.
- J Xu, M Potter, C Tomas, JL Elson, KJ Morten, J Poulton, N Wang, Hanqing Jin, Zhaoxu Hou and Wei Huang. (2018) A new approach to find biomarkers in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) by single-cell Raman micro-spectroscopy. Analyst, Advance Article DOI: 10.1039/C8AN01437J
- Cheung, M., She, J., and Wang, N. (2017) Characterizing User Connections in Social Media through User SharedImage. IEEE Transactions on Big Data. Year: 2017, Issue: 99
- González-Bailón, S., and Wang, N. (2016) Networked discontent: The anatomy of protest campaigns in social media. Social Networks 44: 95-104.
- Barberá, P., Wang, N., Bonneau, R., Jost, J.T., Nagler, J., Tucker, J., González-Bailón, S. (2015) The Critical Periphery in the Growth of Social Protests. PLOS One DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0143611
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., Rivero, A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., and Moreno, Y. (2014) Assessing the bias in samples of large online networks. Social Networks 38: 16–27.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., and Borge-Holthoefer, J. (2014) The Emergence of Roles in Large-Scale Networks of Communication. Data Science.
- Baños, R.A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., Wang, N., Moreno, Y., and González-Bailón, S. (2013) Diffusion Dynamics with Changing Network Composition. Entropy 15 (11) 4553-4568.
- International Conferences
- Zhijie Ren, Haitao Xiang, Ziheng Zhou, Ning Wang, and Hanqing Jin. Alphablock: An evaluationframework for blockchain consensus algorithms. In Proceedings of the Ninth International Workshopon Security in Blockchain and Cloud Computing, pages 17–22, 2021
- Wei, P., and Wang, N. (2016) Wikipedia and Stock Return: Wikipedia Usage Pattern helps to Predict the Individual Stock Movement. WWW 2016 Montreal, Canada. Acceepted.
- Wang, N., She, J., and Chen, J. (2014) How "big vs" dominate Chinese microblog: a comparison of verified and unverified users on Sina Weibo. ACM Web Science Conference 2014 (WebSci14), Indiana, USA.
- Wang, N., and Yoneki, E. (2011) Impact of social structure on forwarding algorithms in opportunistic network. Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking, Shanghai, China.
MSc cource - Machine Learning
Ning Wang (Ph.D) works as Senior Research Fellow in Data Science at the Oxford-NIE financial Big Data Lab, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford. He also works as Research Associate at the Oxford Internet Institute.
His research is driven by a deep interest in analysing a wide range of social and economic problems by exploiting data science approaches. His research interest lies in machine/deep learning in finance, social media and mobile trading platform, online sentiment analysis and financial market, trading behaviors and performance evaluation. He is also interested in the broad areas of behavioral finance, social computing, data mining, and social networks analysis.
Prior to Oxford, he was a postdoctoral researcher at the Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge. He worked on the Social-based Forwarding Algorithm. He was involved in research to analyse a large number of real-world data on social networks in an effort to use centrality and community structure to optimise online communications.
He is also guest editor of a forthcoming Policy and Internet journal special issue of Chinese Web Data, program chair of the 14th IEEE Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT2014), Co-Chair of the 2014 IEEE Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom2014), and TCP members of 2013 AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM13) and reviewer for IEEE Communications Magazine.
- Financial Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning in Finance
- Social Media and Mobile Trading Platform
- Online Sentiment Analysis and Financial Market
- Trading behaviors and Behavioral finance