University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
An evaluation of mathematical models for the outbreak of COVID-19
Precision Clinical Medicine issue 2 volume 3 page 85-93 (22 May 2020)
Explaining download patterns in open government data: citizen participation or private enterprise?
International Journal of Electronic Governance issue 2 volume 11 page 217–234- (7 August 2019)
Correction: A new approach to find biomarkers in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) by single-cell Raman micro-spectroscopy.
Analyst issue 13 volume 144 page 4121- (7 June 2019)
Raman profiling of embryo culture medium to identify aneuploid and euploid embryos
Fertility and Sterility issue 4 volume 111 page 753-762.e1 (22 January 2019)
A new approach to find biomarkers in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) by single-cell Raman micro-spectroscopy
Analyst issue 3 volume 144 page 913-920 (22 August 2018)
- Financial Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning in Finance
- Social Media and Mobile Trading Platform
- Online Sentiment Analysis and Financial Market
- Trading behaviors and Behavioral finance
Ning Wang (Ph.D) works as Senior Research Fellow in Data Science at the Oxford-NIE financial Big Data Lab, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford. He also works as Research Associate at the Oxford Internet Institute.
His research is driven by a deep interest in analysing a wide range of social and economic problems by exploiting data science approaches. His research interest lies in machine/deep learning in finance, social media and mobile trading platform, online sentiment analysis and financial market, trading behaviors and performance evaluation. He is also interested in the broad areas of behavioral finance, social computing, data mining, and social networks analysis.
Prior to Oxford, he was a postdoctoral researcher at the Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge. He worked on the Social-based Forwarding Algorithm. He was involved in research to analyse a large number of real-world data on social networks in an effort to use centrality and community structure to optimise online communications.
He is also guest editor of a forthcoming Policy and Internet journal special issue of Chinese Web Data, program chair of the 14th IEEE Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT2014), Co-Chair of the 2014 IEEE Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom2014), and TCP members of 2013 AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM13) and reviewer for IEEE Communications Magazine.
MSc cource - Machine Learning
Major / recent publications:
- International Journals
- Ning Wang, Yuting Fu, Hu Zhang, Huipeng Shi. (2020) An Evaluation of Mathematical Models for the Outbreak of COVID-19, Precision Clinical Medicine.
- Bo Liang; Yuan Gao; Jiabao Xu; Yizhi Song; Liming Xuan; Ting Shi; Ning Wang; Zhaoxu Hou; Yilei Zhao; Wei Huang; Zijiang Chen. (2019) Raman Profiling of Embryo Culture Medium to Identify Aneuploid and Euploid Embryos. Fertility and Sterility.
- J Xu, M Potter, C Tomas, JL Elson, KJ Morten, J Poulton, N Wang, Hanqing Jin, Zhaoxu Hou and Wei Huang. (2018) A new approach to find biomarkers in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) by single-cell Raman micro-spectroscopy. Analyst, Advance Article DOI: 10.1039/C8AN01437J
- Cheung, M., She, J., and Wang, N. (2017) Characterizing User Connections in Social Media through User SharedImage. IEEE Transactions on Big Data. Year: 2017, Issue: 99
- González-Bailón, S., and Wang, N. (2016) Networked discontent: The anatomy of protest campaigns in social media. Social Networks 44: 95-104.
- Barberá, P., Wang, N., Bonneau, R., Jost, J.T., Nagler, J., Tucker, J., González-Bailón, S. (2015) The Critical Periphery in the Growth of Social Protests. PLOS One DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0143611
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., Rivero, A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., and Moreno, Y. (2014) Assessing the bias in samples of large online networks. Social Networks 38: 16–27.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., and Borge-Holthoefer, J. (2014) The Emergence of Roles in Large-Scale Networks of Communication. Data Science.
- Baños, R.A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., Wang, N., Moreno, Y., and González-Bailón, S. (2013) Diffusion Dynamics with Changing Network Composition. Entropy 15 (11) 4553-4568.
- Ganchev, I., O'Droma, M., and Wang, N. (2009) Consumer-Oriented Incoming Call Connection Service for UCWW. Wireless Personal Communications 50 (1).
- O'Droma, M., Ganchev, I., and Wang, N. (2006) On Incoming Call Connection Service in a Ubiquitous Consumer Wireless World. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 4003, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Germany, pp. 287–297.
- International Conferences
- Wei, P., and Wang, N. (2016) Wikipedia and Stock Return: Wikipedia Usage Pattern helps to Predict the Individual Stock Movement. WWW 2016 Montreal, Canada. Acceepted.
- Wang, N., She, J., and Chen, J. (2014) How "big vs" dominate Chinese microblog: a comparison of verified and unverified users on Sina Weibo. ACM Web Science Conference 2014 (WebSci14), Indiana, USA.
- Wang, N., and Yoneki, E. (2011) Impact of social structure on forwarding algorithms in opportunistic network. Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking, Shanghai, China.
- O'Droma, M., Ganchev, I., Jakab, J., Ji, Z., and Wang, N. (2008) On Ubiquitous Consumer Wireless World - A Wireless Communications Environment for Future Wireless NGNs. Proc. of the Royal Irish Academy Research Colloquium on Emerging Trends in Wireless Communications, pp. 6-9. 23-24 April, Dublin, Ireland. ISBN 978-1-904890-45-4.
- Wang, N., Ganchev, I., and O'Droma, M. (2007) Flexible Consumer-Controlled Incoming Call Connection Service Provision in UCWW. Annual Review of Communications 60: 637-647. Chicago, US. ISBN: 978-1-931695-59-6.
- Ganchev, O'Droma, M., and Wang, N. (2007) On CBM-ICC Service Provision in UCWW. Proc. of the IEEE 4th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (IEEE ISWCS'07), pp. 128-132, 17-19 October, Trondheim, Norway. ISBN 1-4244-0979-9.
- Wang, N., Ganchev, I., and O'Droma, M. (2007) An Architecture for the Provision of Incoming Call Connection Service in UCWW. Proc. of the IEEE 65th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2007-Spring) on "Truly Ubiquitous Wireless Systems", ISSN 1550-2252, ISBN 1-4244-0266-2, IEEE Catalog 07CH37784C, pp. 644-648, 22-25 April, Dublin, Ireland.
- O'Droma, M., Ganchev, I., J. Jakab, Zh. Ji, and Wang, N. (2007) Protocol Foundations for ABC&S Paradigm Realisation in a Ubiquitous Consumer Wireless World. Science Foundation Ireland Summit. 26-27 Nov. Dublin.
- Kueh, V., Wang, N., and Evans, Zh. (2005) The performance of conference creation signalling over Satellite-UMTS. In Proceeding for the IEEE 61st Semiannual Vehicular Technology Conference, Stockholm, Sweden.