The interests of the group are diverse: stochastic analysis, rough path theory, Schramm-Loewner evolution, smooth Gaussian fields, mathematical population genetics, financial mathematics. See individual members pages for further information on particular members' interests.
Permanent members' personal web pages:
- Dmitry Beliaev
- Rama Cont
- Alison M Etheridge
- Ben Hambly
- Jon Keating
- Terry Lyons
- Harald Oberhauser
- Zhongmin Qian
More information about people doing Probability at Oxford and home pages of group members can be found here.
Information for DPhil applicants
- DPhil in Mathematics is a 3-4 year course. Information about the course and how to apply is available here.
- There is a new Center for Doctoral Training (EPSRC CDT): Mathematics of Random Systems: Analysis, Models and Algorithms. This is is a 4-year programme joint with Imperial College London. Application webpage. Course webpage. You are encouraged to apply to both programmes simultaneously.
Seminars and workshops
- Stochastic Analysis & Mathematical Finance Seminars are on Mondays at 14.15 and 15.45. These are held in the Mathematical Institute. The seminar schedule is also available as a public Google calendar.
- Informal Probability Workshops are on Mondays at noon in the Mathematical Institute.
- Random Matrix Theory seminar