Prof. Alain Goriely FRS
Statutory Professor (Chair) of Mathematical Modelling
Director of the Oxford Centre for Industrial Applied Mathematics (OCIAM)
Director of the Oxford Centre for Collaborative Applied Mathematics (OCCAM)
Director of the International Brain and Mechanics Trauma Lab (IBMTL)
Fellow of SIAM and the IMA
University of Oxford
Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
- Methods of Applied Mathematics (differential equations, dynamical systems,...)
- Discrete and continuum mechanics, elasticity, plasticity.
- Application of mechanics and mathematics to biology.
- Mathematical modelling in physics and engineering.
- Interesting and otherwise unclassifiable mathematical problems.