Mathematical Biology and Ecology seminars take place in room L3 of the Mathematical Institute from 2-3pm on Fridays of odd weeks in full term. You can also join us afterwards for "tea and cakes" at 3pm in the Mathematical Institute Common Room.
A sister seminar series, organised by the Computational Biology Group, takes place in Room L3 of the Mathematical Institute from 2-3pm on Fridays of even weeks in full term.
This will be a whistle-stop tour of a few topics on infectious disease modelling, mainly influenza. Topics to include:
- challenges in capturing dynamics of pathogens with multiple co-circulating strains
- untangling the 2009 influenza pandemic from medical insurance claims data from the US
- bioinformatic methods to detect viral packaging signals
- and a big science project (top secret until the talk!)
Julia will be visiting the Mathematical Institute on sabbatical this term, and hopes this talk will help us find areas of overlapping interests.
- Mathematical Biology and Ecology Seminar