Visa and ATAS Information

It is key that you and your visitor consider whether they will need a visa or ATAS certificate in order to be a visitor to the department. All expenses for such certificates must be covered by the visitor.

Please be aware if your visitor needs a visa or ATAS certificate then it may take them several months to go through the process to obtain one. Such a person cannot be permitted to work in the building until these are in place and so it is important to plan ahead and submit visitor applications well in advance!

Please speak to the visitors coordinators and/or HR if you have questions about visas and ATAS.

You may also find useful information at


Please contact us with feedback and comments about this page. Last updated on 07 Jul 2022 15:50.