OxPDE Seminar Series
- There is a OxPDE Research Group Partial Differential Equations seminar series at 4pm on most Mondays in term time, with renowned global speakers.
- There is an OXPDE seminar series held at midday on most Thursdays in term time. Details are here.
- Additonally there is an OxPDE Student Seminar series on Fridays - organsied by CDT Students - please contact Chris Irving for details.
- The OXPDE group also meets informally each week for coffee (Thursdays at 11am online at the moment) and other social occasions.
- The OxPDE CDT has an active social programme (on hold during the pandemic) but hopefully restarting soon.
Oxford Cambridge PDE Conference 19th & 20th April 2021
OxPDE CDT Student Workshop TT 2021 Date TBC
The 14th Brooke Benjamin Lecture in Fluid Dynamics - 5th Nov. 2021
Cristiana De Filippis has been awarded this year’s Gioacchino Iapichino prize in Mathematical Analysis by the Italian National Academy, the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei.
Prof Jean Van Schaftingen (UCLouvain) is giving a joint CDT/TCC course on Sobolev mappings into manifolds 11am Fridays (18 Jan - 8 Mar).
Prof Wen Shen (Penn State) is giving a joint CDT/TCC course on Numerical Methods for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws 2pm Tuesdays (16 Jan - 13 Mar).
In November Prof Alberto Bressan (Penn State) will be giving a short course on Hyperbolic Conservation Laws. Full details.
A site for papers dedicated to Bryce McLeod has been launched, following the recent memorial workshop for J B McLeod. Details
3-5pm Monday 1 and Tuesday 2 June 2015 in L5 - A Comparison of Classical and Modern Methods for Proving Existence of Solutions to some nonlinear ODE Boundary Value Problems arising from PDEs and Differential-Integral Equations - Professor Stuart Hastings (Pittsburgh)
4pm, Tuesday 5 May - Euler Equations and Applications - Prof D Wang (Pittsburgh) C6
Bifurcation Theory in PDEs Lecture Course starts 9am Thursday 30 April 2015
Fenics Mini-Course 2-4pm on Friday 13 and 27 February in L4
Oxford Mathematical Sciences ranked first in 2014 Research Excellence Framework! Details