Parents and Carers
Information for parents and carers in the Department
- Information for parents pages detail the range of family-friendly benefits offered by the University
- Information for Carers pages include a range of support available at the University
- Work + Family Space is a University benefit for all employees, offering access to emergency back-up childcare and adultcare, a 'speak to an expert' phone line, and a wide range of guides and webinars
- A range of flexible working options are available
- Departmental policy on remission from teaching on return from maternity/parental/adoption leave.
- Returning Carers' fund - the University has some funds available to support those returning to research after a break due to caring responsibilities. Please note that applications should be made at least two weeks in advance of the University deadlines via the Department's Research Facilitation Team - further information will be circulated.
- The department has funds available for carers' expenses for conference attendance (for both department members and non department members).
- Childcare Services run five University nurseries with Kids Planet, and the department sponsor places on these nursery waiting lists available to department members. Contact Brenda Willoughby for further details.
- Departmental policy on children visiting the Department
- Privacy room - offering private space for a variety of purposes such as breast feeding or breast milk expressing (and freezing)
- Information on baby changing